Overall: 13-31 (4-14 Patriot League); Last Week: 2-4 (1-3 Patriot League)
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 10, Maine 5, Worcester, Mass., 4/22
Siena 14, Holy Cross 8, Loudonville, N.Y., 4/23
Bucknell 4, Holy Cross 2, Lewisburg, Pa., 4/26
Bucknell 5, Holy Cross 0, Lewisburg, Pa., 4/26
Holy Cross 4, Bucknell 0, Lewisburg, Pa., 4/27
Bucknell 7, Holy Cross 0, Lewisburg, Pa., 4/27
Schedule: Wednesday, April 30 vs. Connecticut, Worcester, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team (13-31, 4-14 Patriot League) will conclude the 2014 season on Wednesday, April 30 versus Connecticut at 5:00 p.m. at Fitton Field. Connecticut will play at Massachusetts on Tuesday before it makes the trip to Worcester on Wednesday. The Huskies hold a 21-22 overall record and are 5-9 in the American Athletic Conference.
- Last week, the Crusaders posted a 2-4 record beginning with a 10-5 win over Maine in Worcester on Tuesday, April 22 and a 14-8 loss to Siena on Wednesday, April 23 in Loudonville, N.Y. Holy Cross then traveled to Bucknell for its final Patriot League series of the season on Saturday and Sunday, April 26-27. On Saturday, the Bison swept Holy Cross, 4-2 and 5-0, before the Crusaders earned the 4-0 victory in Sunday's opener. Bucknell won the final contest on Sunday by a score of 7-3. Holy Cross finished the Patriot League regular season in sixth place with a 4-14 conference record.
- Holy Cross senior Nate Walker (San Diego, Calif.) was named the Patriot League Pitcher of the Week after his performance in the Crusaders' 4-0 victory on Sunday. Walker came two outs away from the first no-hitter by a Holy Cross pitcher since 2007 and ended up allowing just two hits and a walk in the complete-game shutout. Walker pitched 6.1 no-hit innings before giving up a pair of singles, but then induced a double-play to complete the shutout. He struck out a career-high six in his final start.
- Crusader senior outfielder Brandon Cipolla (Abington, Mass.) led the squad offensively last week with an 11-for-20 clip at the plate with a home run, five RBIs and six runs scored. He raised his batting average from .266 to .301 last week and now ranks second on the team. Cipolla leads Holy Cross in doubles (13), home runs (4), runs batted in (28) and slugging percentage (.466).
- Holy Cross junior outfielder Evan Ocello (Camarillo, Calif.) ranks first on the team with a .329 batting average. He also leads the Crusaders with 34 runs scored, 57 hits and 24 stolen bases. His stolen bases total ranks second in the conference and 10th in the nation. He also set the school record with his 24 stolen bases this season and ranks second all-time with 45 in his career.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross baseball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.