Overall: 11-27 (3-11 Patriot League); Last Week: 1-4 (0-4 Patriot League)
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 9, Brown 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/16
Army 5, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 4/19
Army 1, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/19
Army 5, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 4/20
Army 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/20
Schedule: Tuesday, April 22 vs. Maine, Worcester, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 23 at Siena, Loudonville, N.Y., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 26 at Bucknell (DH), Lewisburg, Pa., 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 27 at Bucknell (DH), Lewisburg, Pa., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team (11-27, 3-11 Patriot League) will play six games this week, beginning with a home contest versus Maine on Tuesday, April 22 at 5:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then play a mid-week game on Wednesday, April 23 at Siena at 4:00 p.m. before they travel to Bucknell for a four-game series on Saturday and Sunday, April 26-27. Both days will feature doubleheaders beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- Last week, the Crusaders posted a 1-4 overall record, as they began the week with a 9-0 victory over Brown on Wednesday, April 16 at Fitton Field. Holy Cross then lost all four games to Army on Saturday and Sunday, April 19-20. The Black Knights won Saturday's games, 5-1 and 1-0, while they claimed the 5-1 and 3-0 victories on Sunday. Holy Cross stands in sixth place in the Patriot League, four games behind fourth-place Lehigh.
- Maine enters Tuesday's game with a 14-21 overall record after dropping a three-game weekend series with America East opponent Binghamton. The Black Bears had won the previous four games before this past weekend. Siena will host Fairleigh Dickinson on Tuesday before it welcomes Holy Cross on Wednesday. The Saints are 13-24 on the season, but have won six games in a row and eight of their last nine contests.
- Bucknell holds a 22-16-1 overall record and is currently in first place in the Patriot League by a half game over Army with a 12-4 mark. The Bison took three of four from Lafayette last weekend and will play a doubleheader versus St. Bonaventure on Tuesday before this weekend's series with Holy Cross. The Crusaders won three out of four regular season contests over Bucknell last season and also defeated the Bison in the best-of-three Patriot League Tournament semifinal series, 2-0.
- Holy Cross junior outfielder Evan Ocello (Camarillo, Calif.) ranks first on the team with a .320 batting average, which is the fourth-best in the Patriot League. He also leads the Crusaders with 28 runs scored, 47 hits and 21 stolen bases. His stolen bases total ranks second in the conference and 11th in the nation.
- Crusader junior designated hitter Jack St. Clair (Newton, Mass.) is tied with sophomore catcher Connor Perry (Haverhill, Mass.) for second on the team with a .302 batting average. St. Clair ranks second on the team and in the Patriot League with 12 doubles this season, as senior outfielder Brandon Cipolla (Abington, Mass.) ranks first with 13 doubles. Cipolla also leads Holy Cross with 23 runs batted and is tied with Perry for the team lead with three home runs.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross baseball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup