Crusaders To Play Brown & Army This Week
Overall: 10-23 (3-7 Patriot League); Last Week: 0-6 (0-4 Patriot League)
Scoreboard: Central Connecticut 6, Holy Cross 4, Worcester, Mass., 4/8
Dartmouth 8, Holy Cross 7, Hanover, N.H., 4/9
Lehigh 1, Holy Cross 0, Bethlehem, Pa., 4/12
Lehigh 3, Holy Cross 0, Bethlehem, Pa., 4/12
Lehigh 6, Holy Cross 5, Bethlehem, Pa., 4/13
Lehigh 15, Holy Cross 3, Bethlehem, Pa., 4/13
Schedule: Wednesday, April 16 at Brown, (DH), Providence, R.I., 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 19 vs. Army (DH), Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 20 vs. Army (DH), Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team (10-23, 3-7 Patriot League) will play six games this week beginning with a road doubleheader at Brown on Wednesday, April 16 at 2:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then host Army for four games this weekend at Fitton Field on Saturday and Sunday, April 19-20. Saturday's doubleheader is set to begin at 2:00 p.m., while Sunday's twin bill starts at 1:00 p.m.
- On Saturday, the Holy Cross baseball team, in partnership with the Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital's Home Base Program, will host Military Appreciation Day. The Crusaders will wear commemorative jerseys in their doubleheader versus Army at 1:00 p.m. These jerseys will be auctioned off at a minimum price of $100 after the games. Production cost for each jersey is $60, with every dollar donated above that mark benefiting the Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital's Home Base Program. For more information on the event or regarding the purchase of these commemorative jerseys, please contact assistant coach Ron Rakowski at email@example.com.
- Last week, the Crusaders went 0-6 with five of the six losses coming by three runs or less. Holy Cross dropped a pair of midweek games versus Central Connecticut on April 8 (6-4) and at Dartmouth on April 9 (8-7). The Crusaders were then swept by Lehigh on Saturday and Sunday, April 12-13, as they lost Saturday's games 1-0 and 3-0, and Sunday's contests 6-5 and 15-3. Holy Cross is tied for fifth place in the Patriot League with Lafayette and is one game behind Navy who is in fourth place.
- Brown enters Wednesday's contest with an 8-17 overall record after splitting with Ivy League opponent Harvard last weekend. The Bears are 3-7 in their last 10 games played. Army holds a 22-12 overall record and is tied for second in the Patriot League with a 7-4 mark after splitting the four-game series last weekend with Bucknell. The Black Knights will play one mid-week game on Wednesday at Hartford before they travel to Worcester. The series with Army will be a rematch of the 2013 Patriot League Tournament championship series, in which the Black Knights won the best-of-three series, 2-0.
- Holy Cross junior Jack St. Clair (Newton, Mass.) leads the team with a .336 batting average as well as 12 doubles and 21 runs batted in. His doubles mark this season ranks 59th in the nation, while his .460 on-base percentage is the 84th best in the country.
- Crusader junior Evan Ocello (Camarillo, Calif.) holds a .323 batting average with team highs of 26 runs scored, 42 hits and 19 stolen bases. His stolen bases mark ranks 13th in the nation. Freshman Anthony Critelli (Holmdel, N.J.) and sophomore Connor Perry (Haverhill, Mass.) both are batting over .300 this season with respective averages of .310 and .302.
- As a team, Holy Cross ranks 51st in the country in doubles per game (1.88), 59th in total doubles (62.0), 94th in stolen bases per game (1.18) and 98th in total stolen bases (39.0).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross baseball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.