Holy Cross Slated To Play Six Games This Week
Overall: 10-17 (3-3 Patriot League); Last Week: 3-3 (2-2 Patriot League)
Scoreboard: Hartford 8, Holy Cross 6, Worcester, Mass., 4/1
Holy Cross 5, Marist 3, Worcester, Mass., 4/2
Holy Cross 6, Navy 1, Annapolis, Md., 4/5
Navy 13, Holy Cross 2, Annapolis, Md., 4/5
Navy 3, Holy Cross 1, Annapolis, Md., 4/6
Holy Cross 6, Navy 3, Annapolis, Md., 4/6
Schedule: Tuesday, April 8 vs. Central Connecticut; Worcester, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 9 at Dartmouth; Hanover, N.H., 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 12 at Lehigh (DH); Bethlehem, Pa., 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 13 at Lehigh (DH); Bethlehem, Pa., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team (10-17 overall, 3-3 Patriot League) will play six contests this week, beginning with a home matchup versus Central Connecticut on Tuesday, April 8 at Fitton Field beginning at 5:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then travel to Dartmouth for a 3:00 p.m. contest on Wednesday, April 9, before they continue Patriot League action on Saturday and Sunday, April 12-13 at Lehigh. Both days will feature doubleheaders with the Mountain Hawks beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- Last week, the Crusaders posted a 3-3 overall record, which included a series split at Navy. Holy Cross dropped its first midweek game to Hartford on Tuesday, April 1, 8-6, before it earned the 5-3 victory over Marist on Wednesday, April 2. During the Saturday, April 5 twin bill at Navy, the Crusaders won the first contest, 6-1, but lost game two, 13-2. On Sunday, April 6, the Mids claimed the 3-1 victory in the early game, while Holy Cross won the series finale, 6-3. Holy Cross stands in third place in the conference and is three games behind Bucknell (7-1) for first place in the league.
- Central Connecticut enters Tuesday's contest with a 9-9 overall record, after winning four of its six games last week. Dartmouth (5-16) will travel to Boston College on Tuesday, before it hosts Holy Cross on Wednesday afternoon. Lehigh holds a 12-14 overall record this season and 3-4 mark in the Patriot League, after handing Bucknell its first loss of the conference slate on Sunday. The Mountain Hawks will play one midweek game at Temple before they host the Crusaders this weekend.
- Holy Cross junior outfielder Evan Ocello (Camarillo, Calif.) holds a .330 batting average with team-highs of 37 hits, 24 runs scored, two home runs and 18 stolen bases. His stolen bases total ranks 10th in the nation.
- Crusader freshman third baseman Anthony Critelli (Holmdel, N.J.) leads the team with a .347 batting average. Junior designated hitter Jack St. Clair (Newton, Mass.) ranks second on the squad with a .337 batting average, while he leads the team with 18 RBIs. His .447 on-base percentage ranks 139th in the nation.
- As a team, Holy Cross ranks 54th in the country in doubles per game (1.85), 70th in stolen bases per game (1.33) and 79th in total stolen bases (36).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross baseball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup