Holy Cross Opens Up Patriot League Schedule This Weekend Versus Bucknell
Overall: 6-13; Last Week: 4-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross vs. Boston College; Worcester, Mass, 3/19, postponed
Holy Cross 5, Yale 4; New Haven, Conn., 3/23
Holy Cross 7, Yale 6; New Haven, Conn., 3/23
Holy Cross 7, Yale 4; New Haven, Conn., 3/24
Holy Cross 2, Yale 0; New Haven, Conn., 3/24
Schedule: Tuesday, March 26 vs. Massachusetts; Worcester, Mass., postponed
Wednesday, March 27 at Harvard; Cambridge, Mass., 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 30 vs. Bucknell (DH); Worcester, Mass., 2:00/4:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 30 vs. Bucknell (DH); Worcester, Mass., 1:00/3:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team completed a four-game sweep of Yale this past weekend on Saturday and Sunday, March 23-24. On Saturday, the Crusaders won the contests 5-4 and 7-6, while on Sunday, Holy Cross claimed the 7-4 and 2-0 victories. With the sweep, the Crusaders improve to 6-13 on the season. Holy Cross' game versus Boston College, originally scheduled for March 19, was postponed to a later date.
- This week, Holy Cross will play five contests beginning with a trip to Harvard on Wednesday, March 27, with the first pitch slated for 3:30 p.m. This weekend, the Crusaders will host their home opener and begin Patriot League action when they take on Bucknell in a pair of doubleheaders on Saturday and Sunday, March 30-31. The twin bill on Saturday will begin at 2:00 p.m., while the games on Sunday will start at 1:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders' game versus Massachusetts, originally scheduled for Tuesday, March 26, was postponed to a later date, due to field conditions.
- Harvard comes into Wednesday's game with a 3-14 overall record as the Crimson have won their past two contests over Houston Baptist last weekend. Bucknell's record stands at 4-16 overall as it will play a pair of contests this week versus Binghamton, before it makes the trip to Worcester.
- Holy Cross senior first baseman/catcher Jordan Enos (Stockton, Calif.) led the Crusaders offensively during the Yale series as he batted .692 (9-for-13) with four runs, two doubles and three RBIs. Enos had multiple hits in three of the four contests this past week, including a 3-for-3 performance in the first game on Saturday. For the season, Enos ranks second on Holy Cross with a .339 batting average. He also is second on the team with five doubles and 13 RBIs this year. Enos is fourth in the Patriot League in batting average and fifth in RBIs.
- Crusaders senior pitcher Andrew Boyce (Avon, Conn.) was named Patriot League Pitcher of the Week for his performance this past weekend at Yale. The senior had a great series as he picked up two victories on Saturday and recorded a save in both contests on Sunday. For the week, Boyce pitched five scoreless innings and only allowed one base hit. He walked a pair of batters, while he fanned eight. Boyce's pitching record now stands at 2-2 on the season as he holds a 6.98 ERA.
- Holy Cross senior outfielder Patrick Puentes (East Greenbush, N.Y.) led the Crusaders to a 7-6 walk-off victory during the second game on Saturday, as he hit an RBI-single in the bottom of the ninth inning. For the week, Puentes batted .267 (4-for-15) with a pair of RBIs. This season, Puentes is tied for first on the team and in the Patriot League with two home runs.
- Crusaders senior catcher/first baseman Stephen Wadsworth (Wayland, Mass.) hit his first home run of the season during the second game on Saturday as he batted .385 (5-for-13) for the weekend with two runs scored and three RBIs. So far this season, Wadsworth has a .288 batting average with eight runs and six RBIs.
- Holy Cross junior pitcher Nate Walker (San Diego, Calif.) had an outstanding outing during the final contest of the weekend. He pitched seven scoreless frames and only surrendered a pair of hits in picking up his first victory of the season. During the first game on Sunday, senior pitcher Chris Kono (Greenwich, Conn.) earned his first win of the season as he pitched 6.1 innings and allowed four runs on seven hits.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross baseball team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.