Crusaders Set To Face St. John's On March 16-17
Overall: 2-11; Last Week: 1-5
Scoreboard: #21 Cal Poly 6, Holy Cross 1, San Luis Obispo, Calif., 3/5
#21 Cal Poly 11, Holy Cross 6, San Luis Obispo, Calif., 3/6
Michigan 6, Holy Cross 3, San Diego, Calif., 3/7
San Diego 17, Holy Cross 2, San Diego, Calif. 3/9
Holy Cross 11, Saint Louis 5, San Diego, Calif. 3/10
Michigan 7, Holy Cross 4, San Diego, Calif. 3/10
Schedule: Saturday, March 16 at St. John's; Queens, N.Y., 1:00 p.m. (DH)
Sunday, March 17 at St. John's; Queens, N.Y., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team continued its season versus #21 Cal Poly, Michigan, San Diego and Saint Louis this past week as it concluded its spring break trip to the west coast. The Crusaders fell to Cal Poly, 6-1 and 11-6; Michigan, 6-3 and 7-4; and San Diego, 17-2, as they defeated Saint Louis, 11-5.
- This week, the Crusaders will return to the northeast, as they will travel to Queens. N.Y. to take on St. John's in a three-game series on Saturday and Sunday, March 16-17. The two teams will open up with a doubleheader on Saturday, March 16 beginning at 1:00 p.m. and play a single contest on Sunday, March 17 also at 1:00 p.m.
- The contest on Sunday, March 17 will be streamed live on ESPN3. Click here to watch the game.
- The Red Storm are 3-11 on the season, as they have won two of their last three games, both versus Radford this past weekend. St. John's will play two games this week against Hofstra and FDU before its series with the Crusaders this weekend.
- Holy Cross sophomore outfielder Evan Ocello (Camarillo, Calif.) led the team offensively this past week as the second-year player batted .421 on the week (8-for-19) with five runs, three doubles, seven RBIs, two stolen bases and his first career home runs versus Michigan on March 10. For the season, Ocello has a .390 batting average and leads the team with five doubles, 12 runs scored and 13 RBIs. Ocello's runs scored and RBI total leads the Patriot League, as he is also second in batting average.
- Crusader junior second baseman Andrew Barry (Puyallup, Wash.) extended his hitting streak to nine games as he had a hit in every contest and led Holy Cross with a .440 batting average this past week (11-for-25). Barry also had a pair of doubles, three runs scored and four RBIs. This season, Barry leads the team and the Patriot League with a .421 batting average and 21 hits on the season.
- Holy Cross sophomore pitcher Donny Murray (Walpole, Mass.) earned the lone pitching victory on the week as his record this season stands at 1-1. Versus Saint Louis, Murray pitched 8.1 innings and allowed five runs (four earned) and 10 hits. He also fanned three batters, as he walked no one in the 110-pitch effort. Murray tossed one shutout inning of relief versus Cal Poly and allowed one hit.
- Junior infielder/pitcher Mike Ahmed (East Longmeadow, Mass.) started the final contest of the week versus Michigan as he struck out a career-best seven batters in five innings of work in the 7-4 loss.
- Senior outfielder Patrick Puentes (East Greenbush, N.Y.) hit his first home run of the season versus Saint Louis in the 11-5 victory.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross baseball team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.