Overall Record: 21-16 (8-4 PL) Last Week: 3-3
Scoreboard: Central Connecticut 13, Holy Cross 4, Worcester, Mass., 4/10
Dartmouth 4, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass., 4/11
Holy Cross 8, Navy 4, Annapolis, Md., 4/14
Holy Cross 6, Navy 3, Annapolis, Md., 4/14
Navy 8, Holy Cross 2, Annapolis, Md., 4/15
Holy Cross 15, Navy 3, Annapolis, Md., 4/15
Schedule: Wednesday, April 18 at Brown, Providence, R.I., 2:30/5:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 21 at Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa., 12:00/2:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 22 at Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa., 12:00/2:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team heads into the second to last week of the regular season, playing in a total of six contests. The Crusaders visit Ivy League foe Brown for a doubleheader on Wednesday, April 18 and end the week with a four-game series at Patriot League opponent Lehigh. Wednesday's first game begins at 2:30 p.m. at Murray Stadium in Providence, R.I. The weekend series starts on Saturday, April 21 and continues through Sunday, April 2 at Goodman Campus in Bethlehem, Pa. Both first pitches are set for 12 noon.
- The Crusaders and Bears have met a total of 171 times over program history, with Holy Cross owning a 106-58-5 all-time record. The teams last played on April 21, 2011 with the Crusaders winning 10-7 as sophomore Mike Ahmed (East Longmeadow, Mass.) came up one hit short of the cycle. Brown is currently 7-24 on the 2012 season, including a 4-8 record at home. The Bears most recently lost three out of four from common opponent and Ivy League opponent Dartmouth.
- This weekend's Patriot League doubleheader will serve as the 79-82nd meetings between the Crusaders and Mountain Hawks, with Holy Cross owning a slight 40-38 edge. The teams first met back in 1899 as Holy Cross won three out of four against Lehigh at home last season. The Mountain Hawks lost three of four against Bucknell this past weekend and are now tied for fifth with Navy at 3-9 in the league. They will host Coppin State on Tuesday and currently hold a 14-26-1 record overall.
- The Crusaders currently sit in second place in the Patriot League standings with two more weekends of conference action to go. Their 8-4 record is two games ahead of third-place Bucknell, who sits at 6-6. Army is the league leader with an unblemished 12-0 record in the league. The 12 consecutive wins by the Black Knights ties the Patriot League record for most consecutive wins, set back in 2004.
- Junior Patrick Puentes (East Greenbush, N.Y.) was honored by the Patriot League for his offensive performance last week. Puentes batted 11-for-25 (.440) with four RBI and seven runs scored as Holy Cross won three of four against Navy to keep a hold of second place in the Patriot League. He had a hit in all six of his games last week and accounted for five runs in the Crusaders' doubleheader sweep of Navy on Saturday. He also scored three runs in their 15-3 series finale win. This is Puentes first weekly award of his career as he currently leads the team and ranks eighth in the league with a .340 batting average.