Overall Record: 18-13 (5-3 PL) Last Week: 4-2
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 8, Hartford 2, Worcester, Mass., 4/3
Holy Cross 11, Marist 7, Worcester, Mass., 4/4
Holy Cross 4, Lafayette 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/7
Lafayette 12, Holy Cross 6, Worcester, Mass., 4/7
Holy Cross 8, Lafayette 0, Worcester, Mass., 4/8
Lafayette 12, Holy Cross 6, Worcester, Mass., 4/8
Schedule: Tuesday, April 10 vs. Central Connecticut, Worcester, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 11 at Dartmouth, Hanover, N.H., 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 14 at Navy, Annapolis, Md., 12:00/2:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 15 at Navy, Annapolis, Md., 12:00/2:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team is wraps up its seven-game home stand this Tuesday, April 10 before traveling to its next six opponents. The Crusaders welcome the Central Connecticut Blue Devils on Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. The game will be held on Fitton Field in Worcester, Mass. The squad then travels to Ivy League opponent Dartmouth on Wednesday, April 11. Game time is set for 3:30 p.m. at Red Rolfe Field in Hanover, N.H. A four-game series at Navy completes the week's action as the Crusaders make the trip to Annapolis, Md. for doubleheaders on Saturday, April 14 and Sunday, April 15. First pitch is set for 12:00 p.m. both days at Max Bishop Stadium.
- The Crusaders and Blue Devils have met 13 times since 2001, with Central Connecticut owning a slight 7-6 edge in the series. The teams last played on April 12, 2011 with the Crusaders dropping a 16-2 decision on the road. Central Connecticut currently owns a 15-14 record, including a 6-12 record as the away team. They have lost five straight games, including a four-game sweep by Bryant this past weekend.
- Holy Cross and Dartmouth have played in 142 games over program history, with the Crusaders winning 95 of those match-ups, dating back to 1894. Holy Cross lost to Dartmouth, 4-2, in the last meeting between the two trams back in 2010. The Big Green are 8-14 on the season, including a 4-4 record in the Ivy League. They split this past weekend's series with common opponent Columbia.
- This weekend's Patriot League doubleheader will serve as the 73-77th meetings between the Crusaders and Navy, with the Midshipmen owning a 48-24 edge in the all-time series. The teams first met back in 1977 as Navy is the reigning Patriot League champions. Last season, Holy Cross dropped three out of four to the Mids, winning the first contest 8-6. The Midshipmen split their last Patriot League weekend series with Lehigh and have a 2-6 record in league play, tying for fifth place. They are 14-18 overall on the year and 6-10 at home.
- Junior Alex Maldonado (Brooklyn, N.Y.) is stepping up his game at the plate and on the base path for the Crusaders in the last few weeks. The shortstop currently leads the team in batting average (.319), hits (38), runs (27) and stolen bases (9). He ranks in a tie for third amongst Patriot League players with his 27 runs scored. His nine stolen bases are eight away from his single-season high. He now has 39 stolen bases in his career, four away from breaking the Holy Cross career stolen base record.
- Senior Nate Koneski (North Dighton, Mass.) earned honorable mention honors for his pitching performance against Lafayette this past weekend. The lefty threw six shutout innings, allowing one hit and striking out 10. He earned his third win of the season to improve to 3-2 as his 10 punch outs were a season-high. Koneski currently leads all Patriot League players with 49 strikeouts. He averages 1.3 strikeouts per inning, which ranks within the top-25 nationally and has a career total of 196 strikeouts, second all-time in Holy Cross career records.