Overall Record: 14-11 (3-1 PL) Last Week: 4-2
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 4, UMass 3, Amherst, Mass., 3/27
Harvard 7, Holy Cross 6, Worcester, Mass., 3/28
Bucknell 3, Holy Cross 1, Lewisburg, Pa., 3/31
Holy Cross 3, Bucknell 1, Lewisburg, Pa., 3/31
Holy Cross 5, Bucknell 1, Lewisburg, Pa., 4/1
Holy Cross 11, Bucknell 7, Lewisburg, Pa., 4/1
Schedule: Tuesday, April 3 vs. Hartford, Worcester, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 4 vs. Marist, Worcester, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 7 vs. Lafayette, Worcester, Mass., 2:00/4:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 8 vs. Lafayette, Worcester, Mass., 1:00/3:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team is set to play in six straight home games this upcoming week. The Crusaders welcome two non-conference opponents mid-week, hosting Hartford on Tuesday, April 3 and then Marist on Wednesday, April 4. Both games are set for 5:00 p.m. The squad then hosts Patriot League opponent Lafayette over Easter weekend, playing a doubleheader on Saturday and Sunday, April 7-8. Saturday's doubleheader is slated for a 2:00 p.m. start while Sunday's set will start at 1:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders will hold two special events this upcoming week during the mid-week contests. Tuesday will be the team's Big Brother/Big Sister's day as many of the player's littles will be on hand for the contest. They will also join the squad in standing with them for the national anthem. Wednesday will be "Team IMPACT Day." Six-year old Sean Rakip will be throwing out the honorary first pitch as more information on the day can be found here: http://goholycross.com/sports/m-basebl/2011-12/releases/201204027mzabq.
- The Crusaders and Hawks have met just 12 times since 1975, with Holy Cross holding a 7-5 edge in the all-time series. The teams last played on April 8, 2009 with the Crusaders dropping a 13-12 decision in 10 innings. Hartford currently owns a 7-18 record, including a 1-15 record on the road. They most recently won two out of three against NJIT over this past weekend. The Hawks are led by Justin Blood, who is in his first season at the helm of the Hawks baseball program.
- Holy Cross played Marist for the second time in program history last season, dropping a 6-5, extra-inning decision on the road. The Crusaders are now 0-2 against the Red Foxes as they also lost to them in 2010. Marist is currently 7-13 on the season, including a 2-2 mark in MAAC play. They host common opponent Stony Brook on Tuesday before making the trip to Worcester. The Red Foxes are led by Chris Tracz in his third season.
- This weekend's Patriot League doubleheader will serve as the 73-77th meetings between the Crusaders and Lafayette, with the Leopards owning a 41-31 edge in the all-time series. The teams first met back in 1903 as the squads split last season's series, including a 14-10 game win in the fourth game. The Leopards split last weekend's Patriot League opening series against Lehigh and now post an 8-17-1 record overall. They will play at Villanova and Monmouth before coming to Worcester. Lafayette is led by Joe Kinney in his 13th season.
- Sophomore Mike Ahmed (East Longmeadow, Mass.) boosted the Crusaders offensively in last weekend's four game series against Bucknell. The second-year starter led the squad with four RBI on the weekend, three coming from a monster home run that led to the team's 3-1 win on Saturday. He also collected his first triple of the season on Sunday and currently leads the team with four homers. His home run tally is second amongst Patriot League player as Bucknell's Bob Donato ranks first with six knocks.