Overall Record: 15-16-1 (3-5 PL) Last Week: 3-2
Scoreboard: Marist 6, Holy Cross 5 (10), Poughkeepsie, N.Y., 4/6
Holy Cross 8, Bucknell 5, Worcester, Mass., 4/9
Bucknell 8, Holy Cross 5, Worcester, Mass., 4/9
Holy Cross 6, Bucknell 5, Worcester, Mass., 4/10
Holy Cross 13, Bucknell 7, Worcester, Mass., 4/10
Schedule: Tuesday, April 12 at Central Connecticut State, New Britain, Conn., 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 13 vs. Dartmouth, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 16 at Lafayette, Easton, Pa., 12:00 p.m./2:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 17 at Lafayette, Easton, Pa., 12:00 p.m./2:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team looks to keep up its winning ways with two more midweek non-conference games and a weekend series against Patriot League foe Lafayette. The Crusaders travel to Central Connecticut State on Tuesday, April 12 for a 3:00 p.m. game before hosting the Dartmouth Big Green on Wednesday, April 13. The weekend sends Holy Cross to Easton, Pa. for a four-game set against the Leopards, starting at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 16 and wrapping up at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 17. All games will be played at Kamine Stadium.
- The Crusaders and Blue Devils have met 12 times since 2001, with each team earning six wins. The teams last played on April 13, 2010 with the Crusaders dropping a 10-4 decision at Fitton Field. Central Connecticut currently owns a 13-12-1 record, including an 8-2-1 record at home. They most recently took three of four from Mount St. Mary's in a Saturday/Sunday doubleheader. Junior Mitch Wells leads all starters offensively with a .380 batting average, scoring 10 runs and collecting 38 hits and 24 RBI in 100 at bats. Sophomore RHP Nick Nuemann posts the best ERA amongst starters, combining for a 2.19 ERA in five starts.
- Holy Cross and Dartmouth have played in 142 games over program history, with the Crusaders winning 95 of those match-ups, dating back to 1894. Holy Cross lost to Dartmouth, 4-2, last season. The Big Green are 17-6 on the season, including a 6-2 record in the Ivy League. They are also 4-4 when playing on the road. Sophomore Ennis Coble leads the squad offensively, collecting a .398 batting average, 33 hits and 25 RBI in 22 games played. Sophomore LHP Kyle Hunter is the squad's top hurler, starting five games and combining for a 3-1 record. He has an ERA of 2.12 in 34 innings pitched.
- This weekend's Patriot League doubleheader will serve as the 69-72nd meetings between the Crusaders and Lafayette, with the Leopards owning a 39-29 edge in the all-time series. The teams first met back in 1903 as Holy Cross won three of four games against the Leopards in 2010. The Leopards split their last Patriot League weekend series with Lehigh and have a 5-3 record in league play. They are 11-17 overall on the year and 2-2 at home. Senior catcher A.J. Miller leads all starters offensively, batting .443 with 22 runs, 43 hits and 32 RBI in 97 at-bats. Junior RHP John Gentile is the squad's top starter from the mound, starting in six games thus far. He has an ERA of 4.41 in 34.2 innings pitched
- Sophomore catcher Stephen Wadsworth (Wayland, Mass.) collected Patriot League Player of the Week honors after his break out performance at the plate this past week. He led the way for Holy Cross by going 10-for-15 at the plate with two home runs, eight RBI and seven runs scored as the Crusaders won three of four games against Bucknell. He improved his batting average from .206 to .284 in one weekend and now ties the team-high with three home runs.
- After this weekend's solid offensive performance, Holy Cross now has the third-highest team batting average in the league at .282. The Leopards are right above the Crusaders at .284 while Lehigh leads the league with a .287 team average. Senior Jack Laurendeau (Sudbury, Mass.) headlines the offense for the Crusaders as he ranks third in the league with a .361 batting average. He also ranks second in the league with 43 hits and 31 runs scored.