Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How are gifts to the Crusader Athletics Fund
different from gifts to the Holy Cross Fund?
- The Crusader Athletic Fund raises current-use dollars
restricted to varsity athletics (it does not raise money for
capital projects or endowments). The Holy Cross Fund raises
unrestricted current-use dollars for the College.
2. Do gifts restricted to the Crusader
Athletics Fund “count” towards class fundraising
- Yes. All money raised through the Crusader Athletics
Fund will be credited to class
fundraising totals as a restricted annual gift. Crusader Athletics
Fund dollars will not be credited toward an individual class’
Holy Cross Fund total, but will count in “Total Reunion
Gift” for the class.
3. Will donors to the Crusader Athletics Fund
also be credited as donors to the College and their
- Yes. Any donor to the Crusader Athletics Fund will
“count” as a donor to the College and their class, thus
impacting alumni participation rates.
4. Can I restrict my
gift to a specific sport?
- Yes. Within the Crusader Athletics Fund, donors may make a gift
to the Athletic Director's Fund for Athletics Excellence, a
designation that provides support where it’s needed
most, OR to any of the restricted
athletic designations. The designations are**:
Swimming & Diving
Track & Field
** Due to Title IX legislation and gender equity concerns, gifts
cannot be designated to a specific men’s or women’s