College of the Holy Cross
1 College Street
Worcester, MA 01610
|Contact the Crusader Athletics Fund staff:
Associate Director of the Holy Cross Fund / Athletic Fundraising
Athletic Fundraising Coordinator
The Crusader Athletics Fund is an annual fundraising program geared exclusively toward the College’s 27 varsity programs. Since its inception in 2006, the Crusader Athletics Fund has raised more than $4.1 million from generous alumni, parents and friends. The money raised through this annual fund is entirely budget enhancing (over and above what is already budgeted by the College), and will be used for vital varsity programming costs. These include coaching, enhanced recruitment, equipment upgrades and team competition travel among other things. There is a need for support in all of these and other areas in order to remain competitive within the Patriot League and against our Division I peer institutions. Whether you are a former varsity athlete, parent of a current student-athlete or fan of Holy Cross athletics, your support makes a difference.
All donations receive full College fundraising credit and count towards count toward membership in President's Council.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How are gifts to the Crusader Athletics Fund different from gifts to the Holy Cross Fund?
- The Crusader Athletic Fund raises current-use, budget enhancing dollars restricted to varsity athletics (it does not raise money for capital projects or endowments). The Holy Cross Fund raises unrestricted current-use dollars for the College
2. Do gifts restricted to the Crusader Athletics Fund “count” towards class fundraising totals?
- Yes. All money raised through the Crusader Athletics Fund will be credited to class fundraising totals as a restricted annual gift. Crusader Athletics Fund dollars will not be credited toward an individual class’ Holy Cross Fund total, but will count in “Total Reunion Gift” for the class.
3. Will donors to the Crusader Athletics Fund also be credited as donors to the College and their class?
- Yes. Any donor to the Crusader Athletics Fund will “count” as a donor to the College and their class, thus impacting alumni participation rates.
4. Can I restrict my gift to a specific sport?
- Yes. Within the Crusader Athletics Fund, donors may make a gift to the All-Sports Fund, a designation that provides support where it’s needed most, OR to any of the restricted athletic designations. The designations are**:
Strength & Conditioning
Basketball Ice Hockey Swimming & Diving
Cheerleading Lacrosse Tennis
Crew Soccer Track & Field
Field Hockey Softball Volleyball
Football Sports Medicine
** Due to Title IX legislation and gender equity concerns, gifts cannot be designated to a specific men’s or women’s team.
For more information, contact Heather Palmer, assistant director of annual athletic fundraising at (508) 793-2415 or by e-mail to email@example.com Jennifer Whipple, athletic fundraising coordinator at (508) 793-3583 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a gift to the Crusader Athletics Fund, click here.