Park B. Smith
Sport:
Year of Graduation:
Year Inducted:
Honorary
1954
2007

Biography

Smith, who was a member of the Crusader baseball team during his undergraduate days, has been one of the most generous supporters of Holy Cross athletics in recent years, with his donations funding both a wellness center and a soccer stadium. In 1997, the Carol & Park B. Smith Wellness Center opened as a two-story addition to the Hart Center. The state-of-the-art, 15,000 square-foot facility provides more than four times the space that the college previously had for exercise and training, with enough room for both varsity athletes and other members of the Holy Cross community. In 2006, the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium was dedicated as the new home of the Crusader men's and women's soccer teams. The 1,320-seat facility has a natural grass playing surface with a permanent grandstand and lights. In addition to his support of athletics, Smith has made many other contributions to Holy Cross, including a leadership gift to fund Carol & Park B. Smith Hall, the home of the Center for Religion, Ethics and Culture.