|Prices||Coaching Staff||Cancellation Policies|
|Dates||Lodging/Meals||Health and Safety|
|Location||First Day/Last Day||Registration|
|Camp Philosophy||Equipment Checklist||Contact Us|
Day Campers (8:30AM - 4PM) - $355
The Day Camp is for players from ages 8-19. With the help of a competitive environment, players are taught the necessary skills to elevate their game in order to compete at the next level. The training is intense and teaches the player to improve technically and also improve their speed of play. Fluent ball handling buys time that allows you to make faster decisions in the game. Tactical awareness is all about making the right decision in everything that you see on the field. The players are only eating lunch during this camp and so breakfast and dinner is not provided.
Extended Day Program (8:30AM-9PM) - $425
The Commuter program takes you well past dinner and adds an additional session daily. This camp is for players who don’t want to stay overnight but are eager to take advantage of every learning opportunity. Our goal in the night session is to incorporate skills we have developed during the day into real game situations. Coaches will be able to guide you throughout the game sessions in order to make the most out of your game-play experience. The Extended Day Program only offers lunch and dinner to the players.
Overnight Campers - $525 (July 5-8)
The Overnight Camp offers the same options as the extended day but they will also receive overnight accommodations in one of the Holy Cross dorms. In addition, overnight campers will have 3 meals provided to them daily.
College Express Program - $625 (July 5-8)
The College Express Program is a program designed for 9-12 grade players who want additional assistance, feedback and information with regard to their college search. Test results, extensive evaluation and a DVD with game footage they can use as part of their college search. The College Express Program is open to campers in the overnight or extended day program.
*Early Bird Special
Take $25 Off Regular Prices if registered by April 15th
Day Camp - $330
Extended Day Program - $400
Overnight Camp - $500
College Express Program - $600
July 5-8, 2015 Overnight Camps
July 6-10, 2015 Day Camps Only
College of the Holy Cross
One College St.
Worcester, MA 01610
“Our camp is designed for those players who possess the drive to become better players at this beautiful game. They will be taught and tested in the areas of technical/tactical training as well as the physical component of the game. The learning environment teaches you how to apply the individual skills you possess. In the big picture we teach you to think ahead and make positive decisions for you and your team.”
- Coach Koolman
8:30AM Camp Roll Call
9:00AM Technical Training Session
1:30PM Tactical Training & Games
4:00PM Day Campers Depart
Marco Koolman is in his fourth season as the head men’s soccer coach at the College of the Holy Cross in 2014. The 11th head coach in the history of the Crusader men's soccer program, Koolman owns a career record of 215-94-32 as a collegiate head coach, and is ranked 12th all-time in NCAA Division II history with a .707 career winning percentage. Before becoming head coach at Holy Cross, Coach Koolman was the associate head coach at Boston College from 2009-2011. Prior to his time there, he worked as the head coach at Franklin Pierce from 2000-2009, winning the National Championship in 2007. Coach has been recognized as the National Coach of the Year both in 1993 and 2007.
Justin Kahle is in his second season as an assistant men's soccer coach at Holy Cross in 2014. Kahle, who is a 2010 graduate of Providence as a Management major, has spent the last four years as the Director of Soccer Operations for the men’s soccer program at Providence. During his time as the Director of Soccer Operations the Friars have made three NCAA Tournament appearances. Kahle was a head coach of the Rhode Island Olympic Development Program for the 2013 and 2014 seasons. He is also a coach and the academy co-director of Bayside Futebol Club. Kahle was a four-year member of the Providence men’s soccer team as the Friars made the NCAA Tournament in 2006 and 2007. He started in 79 consecutive games as a defender. Kahle was selected to the 2009 Big East Tournament team.
College Coaches and Players:
Along with Marco and Justin come a wide variety of coaches from around the New England area. Players from the current Holy Cross Soccer team will also be in attendance in order to ensure the players have the best possible time and are engulfed in the college game.
All Campers Must Stay on Campus:
Residential campers must stay on campus for the entire four days unless a parent or legal guardian gives the camp director written permission at registration for departure. Overnight campers who leave their car on campus must hand keys in to the Director and will receive them back upon conclusion of camp.
Room assignments will be given at the registration table. Due to safety issues, only double rooms will be available. We will not be able to honor ‘triple’ room requests. We may be able to keep groups together in adjacent rooms if you note that in advance. We will try to accommodate all roommate requests, but this is not a guarantee.
All camper (day, extended day, residential) meals are included in the price of our camp.All meals will be prepared by the Holy Cross chefs in the newly renovated Kimball Dining Hall. In addition, pizza will be sold every evening.
Our athletic trainer will be present at registration. Please communicate any allergies (food or otherwise) and medication(s)/medical condition(s) to the trainer(s) at registration.
- Day camper drop-off during the week is from 8:15-8:30 a.m. at the Hart Center.
- Day Campers: You MUST sign your child out of camp at our reception desk, located at the Hart Center.
- Pick-up for day campers is behind the Hart Center at 4:00 pm each day.
- Please park in the Hart Center parking lot and sign out your camper.
- Please be punctual when dropping off and picking up players. Please park in designated parking areas in front of the Hart Center and walk through the building
- On Friday, July 10th Day Camp ends at 11:30 am – our Camp Awards Ceremony will begin at 11:00 a.m. Please do your best to attend, as it is a fitting celebration for a fun week of camp
- The first meal of the camp will be lunch on July 6th, and the last meal will be breakfast on July 10th.
- Day Campers staying until 4 PM will receive lunch
- Extended day campers staying until 9 PM receive lunch & dinner
- Overnight camper’s meals are listed above.
- Tots (5-7 yr olds) should bring water bottles & snacks for morning breaks.
CAMP ENDS at 12:00 pm on July 8th (Residential/Commuter/College Express)
CAMP ENDS at 12:00 pm on Friday, July 10 (Day Camp)
- Awards Ceremony begins at 11:00 a.m. at the Linda Johnson-Smith Soccer Stadium behind - the Hart Center, parents are encouraged to attend.
- Residential campers will go back to the dorms after the awards ceremony to gather their belongings.
***For security reasons; no families will be allowed in the dorm on the last day of camp until camp closing ceremony has concluded.
- ball (free soccer balls will be given out to all campers)
- towel (for pool and shower)
- water bottle
- shower sandals
- pillow and linens
- shorts, shirts, socks (likely 2 per day)
- equipment bag
- snack bar money
- alarm clock (phone w/ alarm)
Along with our state of the art grass stadium field, we will utilize two other grass fields, a field turf field, and also an astro turf surface.
The boys will also have the opportunity to take advantage of the Holy Cross Collegiate Swimming Pool.
Please note there is a $150 administrative fee associated with every registration. Deposits are placed on the facilities prior to the camp. Therefore a portion of the fee will be non-refundable in the event you need to cancel in the months leading up to camp, please make sure the camp is able to fit in your schedule.
Camper safety is very important to us.
Holy Cross has:
- Twenty-four hour campus security
- College trainers available 24 hours a day
- A physician on call at all times
- Twenty-four hour supervision by all camp staff
- Medical Forms - Massachusetts law requires all camps to have detailed health information on their campers. Therefore, we have supplied you with the Holy Cross Soccer Medical History, Medication Order and Physician's Report.
- However, we will accept copies of a physical examination conducted during the 12 months prior to camp, and an immunization history instead of our camp forms.
- Campers must have the forms completed by registration in order to attend camp. Please make copies, do not give us any medical forms you want back after camp!!
- Medication Order - We will not administer medication without a completed medication order.
- Day Camp Early Dismissal - If you plan to pick up your camper early or for an appointment during the week, please have a note for this at registration and/or at the morning check-in.
- Day Camp Dismissal with non-parent/guardian - A signed note from a parent or legal guardian must accompany any arrangements that are made for someone other than a camper’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to pick up the camper from our day camp. Without a note, camper(s) will not be dismissed from camp.
- If there is any important information regarding the care of your camper or other special considerations, please send this in writing to the soccer office at least a week prior to camp. *Please make sure this information is in our files when you register on Thursday.
- Campers must have health insurance to attend camp and must have a current doctor’s physical form.
Please register on-line or mail the attached application to Boys Soccer Camp, 1 College Street, Worcester, MA 01610. A non-refundable check of $150 must accompany each registration.
Once your application and $150.00 non-refundable deposit has been received, you will be emailed a confirmation email which specifies registration information, pertinent camp details and a suggested packing list. It will also include the necessary health forms that will need to be mailed in by June 15, 2015. These forms can be mailed to:
Holy Cross Boys Soccer Camp
One College Street
Worcester, MA 01610.
Holy Cross Boys Soccer Camp
One College Street
Worcester, MA 01610-2395
Phone Number: 508-793-2726
How are the training groups organized?
- For the morning and afternoon training sessions, we will organize our campers into training groups according to the age/ability/preference of the player as indicated on the application. If your camper has a specific training/teammate request, please let us know, and we will do our very best to accommodate him. Residential and extended day campers will be placed on different teams for the evening games.
Is there a counselor watching campers at all times?
- All players are escorted around campus in their age groups with counselors. However, if your camper has difficulty following directions, paying attention or has a tendency to wander, please make our staff aware of this during registration so we can ensure that they will have a safe week of camp. There will be a staff member present at all times.
What is the Camp Store?
- There will be a camp store selling soccer gear, apparel, food and drinks. In addition (due to popular demand) we will also take pizza orders after the evening games. During registration, you can leave a deposit in the form of cash or check in our care. Each time a camper purchases something from the camp store, we will deduct that amount from your deposit. Each camper’s available balance is kept in our ledger, and campers can collect their remaining balance on the last day of camp. This is a nice way to set aside money for something special or necessary while at camp without having your camper have to be responsible for their money while on campus.
Checks can only be accepted if made out to: Marco Koolman
On camp registration day, please enter campus through Gate 7, which is located towards the top of the hill on College Street. You will take a left into campus, pass the field house, and within 100 yards, the Hogan campus center will be on your left. Parking will be provided to your right.
**Please do not bring valuables such as watches, jewelry, etc. The Holy Cross Soccer Camp will not be responsible for any lost items.**